Experience the Decision Economics Difference for yourself.
DE | Monthly |Replay: Employment Conference Call | 6/7/19
How Long Can the “Good Jobs Times” Roll?
– May Labor Market—Did the “Jobs Good Times” Roll On? Strong, Weak, Mixed?
- Jobs (Nonfarm Payrolls; Jobs); Employment and the Unemployment Rate (Persons Working)
- Wage Cost Inflation—Still Subdued?
- Strengths and Weaknesses—Messages on the Economy
- Second Quarter GDP Tracking and Prospect
– DE “Baseline
Prospect” and Macro Risk Scenarios—Greater Downside Uncertainty
From Macro Economy Risks But More From Political and Geopolitical
– Wage Costs, Profit Margins, Productivity, and Earnings
– Tariffs and the Impacts—Risks But Not Huge for Growth, Definitely Upside on Inflation,
Downside on Earnings
– DE Fed Base Case
- No Interest Rate Hikes Nor Cuts This Year
- Other Possibilities—Futures Market Pricing of Two Reductions
- Federal Reserve Assessment of its Policies and Practices—Especially Failure to Achieve a 2% Target
Market Implications—Still a Relatively Small Correction in an Equity Bull
Market? Interest Rates, Lower or Higher? The Dollar